Manage Your Requests
You can review the requests you have made for materials, and suspend, reactivate, or cancel the requests. For each request, you can see the format and title of the item, the pick-up library you designated, and the status of the request. The following statuses are common listings:
• Active - Your request for the item is active and the pick-up library will receive the item when it is available.
• Inactive - A request for an item in the library system has an activation date in the future; for an interlibrary loan item, the library must review the request before it is sent.
• Pending - An item has been requested within the library system, and the request is active.
• Held - The item you requested has been located. The library notifies you when it is available for pick-up.
• Out - The item has been checked out. When you return the item, the request is deleted.
• Received - An interlibrary loan item is in the library and is set aside for you to check out. (After you check out an interlibrary loan item, the request is no longer displayed.)
• Not-Supplied - There are no items to fill a request that you placed in the library.
• Cancelled - The request has been cancelled.
• Sent - Used by libraries that offer Borrow by Mail. The requested item has been checked out and mailed to you.
The library may use different names for these statuses.
You may see a Hold Position column. The numbers in the Hold Position column indicate the status of your request compared to other patrons’ requests for the same item.
The library may have policies that override the hold position. An item may occasionally be used to fill a different request even if your request is the first in the hold request list for the item.
1. Click Requests on the My Account menu and log in.
The requests page displays a list of your current requests.
Click a title in the list to search for the title in the library catalog and see full information about the title in the search results. (This feature does not apply to interlibrary loan requests.)
2. To sort the list, click a column name. For example, click Title to sort the list by title.
If your library offers Borrow by Mail and you requested an item to be mailed, the Pickup Library is Borrow by Mail.
3. To suspend or reactivate requests, and specify the date to reactivate them:
a) Select the check box by the title for each request that you want to suspend or reactivate, and click Suspend/Reactivate Selected Requests (or click Suspend/Reactivate All Requests to suspend or reactivate all your requests). You can suspend library system requests with the status Active or Pending, and you can reactivate requests with the status Inactive. You cannot suspend interlibrary loan requests.
The Suspend/Reactivate Hold Requests dialog box appears.
b) Type the date when suspended requests should be reactivated, or type today’s date to reactivate an inactive request. Type the date in the format mm/dd/year (for example, 3/05/2012 for March 5, 2012).
c) Click Submit.
Active and Pending requests become Inactive. Inactive requests become Active.
4. To cancel one or more requests, select the check box by the title for each request that you want to cancel, and click Cancel Selected Requests. Or click Cancel All Requests to cancel all your requests.
You can cancel requests within the library system with the status Active, Inactive, or Pending. You can cancel interlibrary loan requests with the status Active or Inactive.
5. To see more information about a particular request, click the blue information icon by the request.
Detailed information about the request is displayed. You can cancel, suspend, or reactivate the request from this view.
6. To read a note about a request, place your cursor over the note icon . The note text appears.
You can also click the note icon to see more information about the request. The information includes the note.